Why We’re So Efficient
Efficiencies are a big cause of unnecessary costs in the build of a new home. And they’re common. You might not see it as a typical site at first. But they’re often there.
The big cause is that builders learn their trade and their skills, but don’t always learn how to be efficient in their work and project-management.
We concentrate on 5 key inefficiencies…
- What arrives when in the way of components
- How things are stored for security and for access
- How specifications and procedures are followed the FIRST time
- How stages, contractors and materials are coordinated
- How neat the site is
And be improving these, we gain three important outcomes…
- Task time… a given task takes less time to execute
- Wait periods… the inevitable delays between tasks are reduced
- Rework… tasks aren’t repeated, because they’re done right
And these lead to the big one… less cost, more value.